Thursday, January 26, 2012

Our Routine



I got this idea off of a group on Facebook that I am a part of. I don't like the idea of a strict schedule for kids. If they get on a strict schedule there is no room for exploring and spontaneity. Not to mention the inability to adapt when the schedule changes for some reason. However, I do think it's a good thing if they know in general what they can expect to come next. Caitlyn has thrived on this interactive board. She can move the pieces herself and has started doing the items without me having to ask her to. Also, we use the free time slots (sunshine) for playing! Lots of playtime in our day :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Your website is great! I like your schedule above. At what age did you start using it with Caitlyn? My son is 13 months and I would like to create one to start using. He picks up things so fast and enjoys reading and sign language so I bet he would love it. Do you have a template of the pics and words to print?
    Thanks Jessi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! I have to admit that I didn't start doing this until my eldest turned 4, but I wish I would have started it sooner. We have a lot less "fighting" going on over what should be happening next. I'm not really sure what age would be best to start, but if you think your babe might respond well then by all means give it a try! If it doesn't work out now, then just save for a later time and pull it back out when he might be more interested. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete