Saturday, March 24, 2012

Puffy Paint

This is the Puffy Paint invitation I set up for Caitlyn. If you don't know what Puffy Paint is, I first saw it here. It is a paint made with flour and other food ingredients. (I have a post with the recipe and instructions here.) And when you are done painting with it, you pop your painting into the microwave for about 30 seconds, or until dry. The paint stays fluffy! It's a really fun rainy day activity.


I set out some pieces of poster board (you can also use cardboard, but make sure you use something stiff. You'll need to carry it to the microwave before it is dry), some brushes, some foam stamps, and a few cotton balls.



Her first painting was a little flat, because she wasn't sure what we were trying to accomplish. I explained to her about making sure the paint was not spread too thin so that it looked fluffy. She called this first one her "Sandstorm."
Her Sandstorm painting.


This is her second attempt. Lots more fluff all around!

I nuked it right away, to show her what the concept was. She asked me if she could touch it. It was still a little warm. Now she was very curious!
Back to work! And with a furry helper too!
 She's using the cotton balls in this one. They were a great tool for this project. They put nice big blobs of paint on the board!


HA! Well, she asked if she could taste it, because the cat had tried to eat it and I told her not to worry about him, it was all made out of food stuff. Of course you can taste it! (I wouldn't recommend it though....I don't think she would either)

Not sure if you can make it out or not, but that black thing, that is an alligator stamp. She said there was an alligator swimming at the bottom of her waterfall.

All her finished paintings!
 
  This shot is to show the texture of the paint after drying it.

We had a lot of fun with this one and will probably be doing it again! 
Enjoy! 

Thanks for visiting my blog! Check out my FB page by clicking the tab at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment