Monday, February 20, 2012

Bean Sensory Bin

I love, love, LOVE sensory bins! You can do sooo many things with them!
You can do simple ones like this, or themed ones. For example, you could do a "Day at the Beach" one with sand, sand toys, water, shells etc.etc. Or you could do a "Camp Out" with dirt, twigs, rocks, and make little tents......like I said, soooo many possibilities! And all you really need to start is some sort of "bin". We use large Rubbermaid containers.

Here is one of our bins set up with different kinds of dry beans and some popcorn kernels. The idea is simple, but I was amazed at how long my kids played with this. In fact, right now it's 2 days later and they still keep going back to it.




The more variety in the bin, the more interesting it will be. So try to include as many different shapes, textures, and colors  as you can. And make sure to provide some tools to work with too.


I provided some cups, bowls, and kitchen utensils.


 I also let my 7 month old join in. Obviously this requires constant supervision because of the choking hazard, but that is no reason to exclude the small ones from playing along. It's fabulous for their development!!




Hours of fun!!


Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed it, please check out my Facebook page by clicking the link at the top of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment