Sunday, February 19, 2012

Make Liquid Watercolor Paint

I really wanted to get some liquid watercolor paints for my daughters, but the ones I wanted wouldn't ship to where we live. So I found a recipe online here. It is really simple (something I love!) and takes very little time.

Here is what you need:

2 cups of water

2 tablespoons of Vinegar

Food coloring

Containers to store liquid water color paints in (I used baby food jars (stage2))



  1. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, remove from heat and then add in the 2 tablespoons of vinegar.
2. Mix well.
3.  Pour the water into the containers you will be using to store the liquid water color paints.
4. Add about 15-20 drops of food coloring to each container.


5. Wait until the paint is room temperature before storing.

This can be used for so many different things! You can use it in spray bottles, bingo markers, eye droppers. Or you can just use a simple paint brush. Watercolor paint, ready to go!

Thanks for visiting my blog! If you enjoyed it, make sure to like me on Facebook. You can find my page by clicking the Facebook Page tab at the top of the blog!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete