Sunday, February 5, 2012

Brrr! It's Cold Outside!


It has been so cold here the last couple of days that we can't even go outside to play. I think we are all getting cabin fever! So we decided to take advantage of the negative degree weather and make some cool ice shapes. I dug out these heart shaped mini baking pans, the food coloring, some sprinkles, and a couple balloons.



She loves mixing the colors to get new ones, so we do this often.

Sprinkles!!


 After sitting outside overnight!



We made some water balloons and added a few drops of food coloring to them. I loved the way they  turned out. They looked awesome.



Peeling the balloon off of the ice!


On the light box


GREEN! I love it :)


 Oh and Happy Valentine's Day!! You can see the sprinkles in this one.



If you can't tell, I really don't mind the messes or my kids hands/ bodies being dyed weird colors. It's all about the play!

And a shout out to my good friend Kristen and her sweet baby boy for helping us with this one. It's always more fun with friends involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment