Saturday, February 18, 2012

Roller Painting

This is the invitation I set up today for my 4 year old and her friend! I have seen this done with just marbles before, but I thought I would make it interesting and provide several types of balls and also some jacks in addition. I call it Roller Painting!

To do this at home, you will need:

Paints, any colors

A large container

Poster board (cut to fit inside container)

Assortment of objects to roll the paint around


The Invitation.



Inside the bowls, I had 7 metal marbles, 5 jacks, 1 rubber ball, and 5 practice golf balls. Everything except for the metal marbles were really inexpensive. The marbles came with a marble run kit we have.

I put a glob of paint in each corner.

Here she is checking out the invitation. She asked me what she was supposed to do with the stuff in the bowls so I asked her "What do you want to do with them?".


She tossed everything in and saw that some of the balls were rolling through the paint. Light bulb! And she didn't have any more questions for me after that!


The practice golf balls were really light, so they kept getting stuck in the globs of paint. It just gave her the excuse she needed to put her hands in though.


"All done Mommy!"

Finished artwork! I love it! I could be biased, but it's one of my favorites!!

Everything cleaned up pretty easily too, we could definitely do this over and over again.

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Check out my Facebook page by clicking on the tab at the top!

3 comments: